THANK YOU for making this first person as well. There are so few immersive dungeon crawlers. This is good but there isn't much feedback when landing a hit on a monster, and there seems to be no way to increase mouse sensitivity for the first person view?
A downloadable game for Windows
Beelzebox is a Diablo- inspired action RPG. Currently in alpha stages, with many intended features implemented, but still requiring a lot of polish, tweaking, balancing and FEEDBACK to be fun and challenging.
The lastest demo build includes five levels with a boss at the end.
Anyone who played an ARPG should know how to play the game but you should still keep these tips in mind:
- The "magic missile" skill is actually 5 skills, you can socket it using gems for elemental effects. You'll find them scattered around the village.
- Press Space to switch to first person view. To unlock the mouse, press Shift.
- The purple bar on the bottom of the screen indicates your XP. When you gain a level you'll receive a skill point that you can use to upgrade skills.
- Unfortunately the only equipment pieces that have working stats are weapons. Be on the lookout for better arms.
- Remember - the longer the name, the better the weapon. Look at their stats and choose the one that will most effectively kill your foes.
- Health potions and mana potions will help you survive. Use them in inventory with the right mouse button or add them to your belt, either through dragging them there or shift+clicking. Potions in the belt can be activated with keys 1 through 5.
- The boss respawns so there's no proper ending yet
Left click – attack/move
Right click – activate skill
C – skill screen
I – inventory screen
Alt – highlight all items
Tab - switch automap opacity
Space - FPS mode
Shift + click - attack in cursor direction
in FPS mode:
WASD - movement
Shift - switch freelook
Shodanon - design, coding, art and sound
JackKm - systems coding
Trollslayer - models and animations
Jabsley - composer
WoJiaoAnna - ideawife
All our love goes to friends that supported this project during all the time we spent on it, especially everyone who left comments and suggestions. Shout outs to /agdg/
|Made with||Unity, Blender, Audacity|
|Tags||3D, Action RPG, arpg, Atmospheric, diablo-like, First-Person, Hack and Slash, Isometric, Singleplayer, Unity|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Yeah, as I work on my current main project, I realize how much stuff will need to be added to good ol' Beelzebox when I return to it, including the nice quality of life features you mention. Thanks for trying it out!
A good game so far let me know how it goes. Hope the video helps use it how you like.
i Have tryed the demo, i think it was the version before this and i found a bug. There was couple of immortal enemies. When i tryed to hit them, the game didn't even register it. I tryed only the first floor and there was about 4 of them.. I don't know if you already repaired this bug, but if not i can upload a video of it, because i was recording it.